Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Update


Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. I've decided to start posting again, maybe updating once a week, or whenever I have something to say.
I now have 4 treadles.
I'm working on a paper pieced pineapple, that is taking a long time, I made a jacobs ladder quilt, am almost done with a twin + pinwheel quilt(I have about 3 blocks left to quilt)
and a few other things.


One of these days, I plan to take pictures of, and post them of my family quilts, as I need to do that! Here is a little taste, probaly the best quilt we have, maybe pre civil war, in perfect condition, and the stitches are really tiny!
It is covering my parents king size bed, that is how big it is.
I am also making potholders, and starting to make mini quilts, to sell. I have one potholder almost bound, 2 others I have quilted, and I am going to try to make more today. How many potholders should I make, do you think?

My family is doing a farmer's market, on the 26th, because since we are part of the local FOL, we help them a lot, and one of those was sitting at a farmers market table for a day. I asked the president and she said it was fine for me to have some of my things for sale.
I'm saving money for the TOGA(Treadle On Gathering Academy) and a fabric sale that is the exact same day!
More later,

Emily

5 comments:

  1. Wow Emily this quilt is beautiful. Just amazing!'you should reproduce this quilt and sell the patterns! I would love to make that block in the center of a medallion quilt!
    Good luck with your potholders and mini quilts, maybe a baby quilt or two to sell at the market?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd love to see some more pictures! I think posting pictures of progress on a project makes the progress more tangible- which just encourages more progress. Keep up the good work!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily,
    I think we "met" on the quiltingboard and I sent you some scraps. Hope they were useful. I love this quilt! Is is applique'? I love that technique and use SteamASeam2 most of the time. Good luck with your sale. Check out my blog too.
    judee

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt, Emily! I also think you should do as many potholders as you have time...they generally are a pretty good seller I think. I did some using some selvage edges that came out really cute!

    That is so cool about your treadle machines. You should post pics of those also! I want a treadle, just haven't come across the right one yet...LOL I hadn't heard of the TOGA before...I will have to look into it.

    Take care!
    Bari

    ReplyDelete