Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy

Right now I am really busy with sewing. I have two charity blankets in progress, I need to put the binding on those tonight. Then, I have to make my two dolls for the doll swap. I am also going to offer to make a baby blanket for another friend. So, if she agrees, that will be 4 baby blankets I've made THIS year!!!
Somehow, I'm sort of getting tired of baby blankets.....
I've been hand quilting my quilt for a while now, and while there is progress and it looks good, I have time to reflect on the flaws. I am not the most accurate quilter, and my quilts show that. Okay, the baby blankets/quilts don't. But those were just simple pieced tops. I mean, 12 10 inch squares? 1 top and 1 bottom piece, with a quilt block in the middle? Yes, easy. I had fun quilting the one quilt, that had double knit inside. I figured, why not use it up? Really fun to quilt. Now, the not so fun part. Binding!!
At least I know how to bind, thanks to my quilting group. A lady told me that they were going to work me hard on thursday. Well, I hope they do, because I love doing that kind of stuff!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment