Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Grandmothers flower garden

Well, I am having "Issues" with the grandmothers flower garden. I was given 30 quilt blocks of grandmothers flower garden, with a print for a center. It is actual 30s fabric and I am getting really annoyed with it. Aside from my hand quilting, which you can see progress almost immediately, I do not like handwork. Because of how much I dislike it, during a power outage, I turned the hand wheel of my machine to get it to sew. I now have a treadle, so I don't have to do that. And man, did my hands hurt. . .
I can do it, but you see, I was afraid of the machine about 7 years, didn't want my finger to be sewed. I just did handwork. And now, well I'm sort of sick of it.
Anyway. Back to GMFG. I was then because I brought it to my group, given a quilt top by Lois, a really nice person in my group. And, it was GMFG... I decided I was going to, have my blocks be a border to that quilt, and I am now appliquéing them onto white squares... So, hopefully this saga will come to an end soon, in about a year. Then I have to go all around the hexagons with hand quilted. Oh well, it'll be great progress!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment