Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bargello Challenge

Hi!
I currently don't have any sewing swaps(that I can think of) but I do have 3 secret pals I need to send this month! I am going to be doing it early, so I can focus on other things the rest of the month!

One of the swaps I am hosting, and it's a lot of work. I had to match everyone up(I wrote names twice on slips of paper and put in a box and pull randomly) but that was fun - especially seeing who I'll get ;)

It'll be interesting to see how it works out, as this is really my first time doing a swap - aside from the white elephants.

In my quilting group, that meets every week, I've been doing a baby quilt for the past month or so. I was really hoping to get it done last week, but I had to leave too early :(

There was a box of fabric where the print was the same, but the colors different. I got an idea - a bargello! I've not been the best piecer, and I'd just brought in a quilt I made about a year ago, it was a really bad quilt. I asked the top quilter if I could do a Bargello, but I can tell she isn't too happy about me doing it - considering my previous history with piecing. However, something she doesn't take into account, is I have just done flannel, I am a lot better with cottons, then I am with flannels, as that is what I work with mostly.

So, I need to make a little sample to prove I can do Bargello. Any cool Bargello patterns you know about?

Hope all of you have a great day!
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I take this as a challenge. Nobody should try and defeat you when you're excited about a new project. I designed my own bargello as I went (With how wide the strips were cut and I just moved them up and down). You CAN do this!!

    All you need to do a bargello is an accurate seam allowance. It doesn't matter what the measurement is as long as it's the same all the way through. =)

    So for your sample, how big of a sample are we talking? I can help you figure out where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be a GREAT Hostess! I am excited about this swap!!!

    ReplyDelete